Florida Flight Elite
Valentine Day Basketball Tournament
Welcome the first annual Florida Flight Elite Valentine Day basketball Tournament. This event features the best talent throughout Florida showcasing their skills for family, friend and even scouts. As an organization, we aim to provide an encouraging atmosphere for the entire family that will be remembered forever.
The event culminates with the first ever All-Star Game whereby ten (20) kids will be hand selected to participate on the main court demonstrating their talent, sportsmanship and outstanding qualities for the fans as a way to say thank you. Better yet, ALL of the coaches from the chosen grade will coach the LIGHT team against the DARK team.
- Boys & Girls All Star Game
- Eligible Grades: 3rd to 8th (Girls & Boys)
- Grade Based Tournament
- 3 Games Guaranteed (Pool & Bracket Play)
- Awards: 1st and 2nd Place
- Seeding: Determined by Coach
- Registration Fee: $335 (Multi-Team Discounts Available)
- Location: Coral Springs, FL
- Eligibility: All teams and participants must be registered with AAU (aausports.org)
- Event Date: February 12th – 14th
- Registration Deadline: February 10th, 2016 (extended)
- Tournament passes will be $20 for weekend (Friday, Saturday & Sunday)
- Daily adult price is $10 a day
- Children ages 6-18 weekend pass $5.00
- Children ages 5 and under – No Charge
- Daily tickets are valid for all gymnasiums for that day only
- All nonparticipants must show valid tournament pass to enter gymnasium otherwise a new pass is required
We intend to presents a professional appearance for all coaches. So, please refrain from coaching in basketball shorts, jeans, open toe shoes, tank tops, hats, sweat pants etc… We appreciate the following coaching attire:
- Collared Shirts
- Khaki Slacks/Khaki Style Shorts
- Coaching bands are to be worn the entire weekend.
- DO NOT call for seeding, scores, gym locations and directions since they will be posted on our website
- Check the website DAILY for changes to the schedule
Give Respect – Get Respect! Coaches, players and spectators must exhibit good sportsmanship during the tournament by showing respect for teammates, coaches, opponents, officials and support staff. Good sportsmanship supports the values of the game and our goal is to promote healthy competition in a positive and safe environment. Coaches are ultimately responsible for the behavior of their players and spectators. However, we reserve the right to have a team forfeit a game or to have e team suspended from the tournament if the coaches, players or spectators become unruly and/or unmanageable.
WHAT TO BRING TO CHECK IN
- ALL teams must check-in prior to first game at Coral Spring Complex:
2501 riverside drive, coral springs, FL 33065
- Friday hours: 5 pm – 8 pm
- Saturday hours: 8 am – 3 pm
- A roster for each team must be submitted to the Tournament Director during check-in.
- Print and bring a copy of the roster to check-in
- A copy of each player’s AAU Membership card
- Birth certificate of each player.
- Current picture of each player.
- Current school year report card.
- You must add ALL players to your official team roster.
- Players not listed on your official roster will NOT be covered for insurance purposes and will NOT be allowed to participate.
- Players cannot be added to the roster once the event has begun.
- Teams that fail to check-in will not be allowed to advance to bracket play.
- Information provided on the roster must be compete and accurate.
- Teams will receive 3 coaching bands per team.
- Coach’s name must be on the team roster to receive band.
All athletes and head coaches that participate in the AAU event must have a valid 2015-2016 AAU Card. Athlete membership cards cost $14 and coach membership card cost $16 and is valid until August 31st, 2016 for all sanctioned AAU Tournaments. Card may be purchased at www.AAUSports.org.